We are still working on Inspire Through Clinical Leadership, a reflective, interactive course on leadership and management led by Lisa Kelly, the Chief Operating Officer of University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, in collaboration with colleagues at the Society of Anaesthetists of Zambia (SAZ). This course has been piloted in Zambia and Rwanda, with plans for further refinement in Ethiopia in 2019. We hope to have a finished course available by early 2020.
Course content includes:
- Understanding healthcare leadership
- Personal impact and influence
- Project management
- Team building and self-awareness
- Conflict management
- People and performance management
- Peer evaluations of course participants by course faculty and peers, based on examples from the project management and communication sessions earlier in the course.